Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tornado Relief


I am from Alabama, so naturally, I am an enormous Alabama Football fan (ROLL TIDE!!!). Example:

(Me at Bryant Denny Stadium)

A few weeks ago, a gigantic tornado tore through Tuscaloosa. Example:


Unfortunately, many people lost their businesses, homes, and loved ones. A big chunk of the wonderful college town that I once knew now looks like this:




Tuscaloosa will be dealing with ramifications of this terrible storm for years to come. If you would like to donate to help out, please click here to visit the Red Cross Disaster Relief Website.  Or you can text "Red Cross" to 90999, and a one time donation of $10 will be added to your cell phone bill. In the meantime, I give you an awesome of cover of Coldplay's, "Fix You"- by Little Big Town. They sang this during Music Builds: The CMT Disaster Relief Concert, and I have to share it. They ROCKED it. Or beautified it. Whatever you want to call it, it was awesome.



*Note- Tuscaloosa was not the only town affected by this particular band of storms, but it was considered to have been hit the hardest. My heart goes out to anyone who lost anyone or anything, and I send well wishes your way.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment